GI EcologiX Gastrointestinal Health & Microbiome profile
The GI EcologiX profile is one of our ‘hero’ products. From day one, our aim was to produce a gut microbiome profile that represents the ultimate in science, clinical utility, and integrity.
We hope to inspire confidence in the clinical utility of the test and in the support you will receive, so we have introduced a 100% money-back guarantee. More on that below.
EcologiX: the ultimate in science, clinical utility, and integrity.
Our aim from the beginning was to elevate the science (methodology, technology, and biomarkers) found in gut microbiome tests, to that in the microbiology field. And what better way than to learn from leading microbiologists? Our Scientific Advisory Board includes microbiology professors such as Dr David Moyes of Kings College London, and Biotech and Medical Microbiologists like Dr Tim Mak. Our laboratory team has decades of experience in the field and now includes Eviatar Natan, PhD.
We will never put profit above purpose. And our purpose is – and always has been – to provide you with clinical tools for best patient outcomes. This means we have invested in not only becoming CQC-approved, but also B Corp, and carbon-neutral; there is no excuse for clinical tools to be at the expense of the environment. This also means you won’t hear empty marketing messages from us, there will be no ‘gold standard’ claims, and no pressure to buy tests, just uncompromising adherence to the science, and a strong belief in what we are doing.
So that brings us to clinical utility.
We asked ourselves: what makes a GI test clinically useful; what do we, as clinicians, really need to take away from a gut test result? In a nutshell, here are our main takeaways:
- The markers in the test are all chronic disease-related since this is what we are predominantly seeing in patients.
- The markers all have robust science behind them, whether it be human clinical data or accurate and reproducible methodologies.
- We have included bacteria related to mucin degradation, such as Akkermansia spp. and several species of Bacteroides to better understand the health of the gut barrier and mucous membrane, alongside zonulin, which is included as standard.
- We have included species related to SIBO such Desulfovibrio spp., Methanobrevibacter smithii, and Bilophila wadsworthia because SIBO symptoms are so prevalent.
- H. pylori is included as standard and a confirmatory stool antigen will be run on positive results, to aid collaboration and engagement with the NHS.
- All host health markers are included in the price, as standard.
- 1 sample / 3 swabs
- All markers come as standard
- 7 x GI health markers (beta-defensin 2, calprotectin, pancreatic elastase 1, SIgA, zonulin, bile acids, occult blood-FIT) as standard
- 62 x target bacterial, fungal, and parasite markers
- Reference Ranges across all microbiome targets
- Price competitive
- Standalone profiles available
- On-hand clinical support
- Optional commission
take a look at the GI EcologiX report