For the final Journal of 2019, we’ve taken a look back at the podcasts, books and pieces of research that were standouts of the year.
1. “Leah Hechtman | Microchimerism and Mitochondrial Health in Reproductive Competance” – FX Medicine Podcast.
2. “Love and guts with Dr Leila Masson, and Elisa Song on Kara Fitzgerald.”
3. “Transformation and Wholeness in Healing Trauma” Dr James Gordon psychiatrist – Natural MD Radio
4. “Love & Guts: Dr Ilana Gurevich | Inflammatory Bowel Disease.”
5. “Modern Day Slavery and the Natural Medicine Industry, with Michelle Fernandez.”
6. “Endometriosis as an Immune Dysfunction with Lara Briden.”
7. “Dr Jason Hawrelak | The Role Of Gastrointestinal Microbes in Depression And Anxiety.”
8. “Moira Bradfield | Lichen Planus Versus Lichen Sclerosis.”
1. “Do Pause: You are not a To Do List” by Robert Poynton.
2. “Behave” by Robert Sapolsky.
3. “Dark Emu” by Bruce Pascoe.
4. “Come as you are” by Emily Nagoski.
5. “Love for Imperfect Things: How to Accept Yourself in a World Striving for Perfection” by Haemin Sunim.
6. “Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing” by Carolyn Myss.
7. “Clinical Naturopathic Medicine” by Leah Hechtman ND PhD (Cand)
8. “Fantastic Fungi: How Mushrooms Can Heal, Shift Consciousness, and Save the Planet” by and
9. “The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer” by Siddhartha Mukherjee
10. The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down: How to be Calm in a Busy World by Haemin Sunim
1. “The impact of human activities and lifestyles on the interlinked microbiota and health of humans and of ecosystems.”
2. “Assessing the role of Porphyromonas gingivalis in periodontitis to determine a causative relationship with Alzheimer’s disease.”
3. “Deciphering the trophic interaction between Akkermansia muciniphila and the butyrogenic gut commensal Anaerostipes caccae using a metatranscriptomic approach.”
4. “Endometriosis as an Immune Dysfunction.”
5. “The Current Evidence on the Association Between the Urinary Microbiome and Urinary Incontinence in Women.”
6. “Does the endometrial cavity have a molecular microbial signature?”
7. “Sperm Microbiota and Its Impact on Semen Parameters.”
8. “The Gut Microbiota Links Dietary Polyphenols With Management of Psychiatric Mood Disorders.”
9. “The Four Horsemen in Colon Cancer.”
10. “Oral Bacteria and Intestinal Dysbiosis in Colorectal Cancer.”