At Invivo we pride ourselves in translating the wealth of complex information around the GI microbiome into clinical relevance. Patient outcomes govern what we do and with this in mind, we created a new GI profile called GI EcologiX™.
Throughout the heavy research process during development, there were many discoveries which we will share with you throughout this webinar, which we are running in collaboration with IHCAN.
- How to use ‘systems theory’ thinking to view the human microbiome as a dynamic and contextually-rich ecosystem.
- The importance of the GI immune system – including inflammation and antimicrobial peptides in health and disease.
- Understand the role of ‘syntrophy’ in short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) production by commensal bacteria.
- Learn more about the importance of Bacteroides species – the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Understand the different roles of key Ruminococcus species in health and disease.
- Learn about novel microbes and mycology involvement as triggers for inflammatory pathways and IBD in the GI tract.
- The importance of molecular methodologies and endogenous gene controls in mapping the human microbiome.
- Learn about the new comprehensive GI EcologiX™ microbiome profile from Phylo Bioscience™, a CQC registered UK microbiome laboratory.