Bio.Revive™ Colostrum is a bovine colostrum containing 35% immunoglobulins from organically farmed, high-welfare cows.
Bovine colostrum contains a range of peptides and proteins that possess anti-microbial (bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites) and endotoxin-neutralising effects. They also have the potential to reduce gut inflammation and promote mucosal integrity and tissue repair. Our mucosal membranes include those of the gut, oral cavity, respiratory tract, and vagina.
The Source Of Our Organic Colostrum
We work with highly ethical organic German suppliers who prioritise animal welfare and happiness. It was important for us to ensure the calves are prioritised. Our suppliers only collect surplus colostrum, so the calf receives what it needs from the mother directly.
The milk is collected within 36 hours after birth and is tested for the absence of inhibitors, antibiotics, possible microbes, and BHV1, before a special filtration process and gentle, brief heating to ensure the sensitive proteins in the product are not damaged. It is then micro-filtered for casein, leaving a full spectrum whey product.
Components Of Colostrum
Colostrum has over 90 active constituents which may play a role in:
- immune modulation, increasing our defence against bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi
- microbial balance – anti-viral, anti-bacterial
- mucosal membrane integrity, including the gut
- infection control
- prebiotic for Bifidobacterium and Lactobacilli
What Do The Human Clinical Trials Tell Us?
Athletes using whey colostrum during peak training had better intestinal permeability markers, including zonulin levels (a clinical marker of ‘leaky gut’) than that of the control group1. In a similar study subjecting athletes to heat in training, the colostrum supplemented group had lower levels of markers associated with intestinal damage2.
In two human studies, colostrum reduced NSAID-induced damage to the gut barrier3, and its use after bowel surgery resulted in lower levels of LPS translocation4,5.
- High-welfare, organically farmed cows
- Calf-sparing colostrum – only the surplus is collected
- Rich source of: immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, lysozymes, interleukins, oligosaccharides, growth factors and insulin-like growth factor 1
- Human clinical trials using colostrum show improved markers of gastrointestinal barrier health
- Anti-microbial properties
- Immune regulator
- Micro-filtered for casein, leaving a full-spectrum whey product
- Organic, gluten-free, GMP, GMO-free
- Available in 60s
- RRP £49.50